Friday, April 4, 2008

Why? Because I Like You

Hey, you found me!

Yes, I'm here on the www like so many others. It's a chance for me to share my triathlon training experiences with you. You can see what I am going through.

Which is really nothing, compared to the burdens faced by families caught up in the distress of chemotherapy, bone marrow transplants and other cancer-related medical treatments.

How could biking 24 miles, swimming one mile, and running six miles even start to compare with what patients must endure?

At last night's swim training in cold Lake Natoma, I couldn't stop thinking of T, T and Y—three friends and family members currently dealing with cancer. Stroke-and-kick, stroke-and-kick, breathe, sputter ... for what seemed like eons. Just an hour later, I was dragging myself ashore, wondering for the zillionth time how I would cope with a serious illness. I gave thanks again for my good health and for the opportunity to use that good health to do something meaningful and rewarding.

Today I ran a few miles. Tomorrow I will bike and run. I feel good.

I encourage all of my friends and family to contribute to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through this Team in Training effort. You can click on the "Pledge Your $upport" link at the left. Or you can send a check to me. I'll be happy to e-mail the address upon request.

Why not bookmark my site?

No comments: