Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Truth Or Dare?

Friend Chris L. says I can publish her message of last night. Chris knows me well. She knows I have to be shoved into anything new or different. She also knows I am more likely to do something when challenged. Like the time a fellow fourth-grader sweet-talked me into parachuting off the Cabrillo Park baseball field backstop. Or when someone else dared me to ride my bike off the back of her brother's pickup truck. That was sixth grade. What's my excuse this year? Oh yeah, the sound of laughter whenever I bring up my "training regimen." That will do it.

: : : : Chris's e-mail reads:

Mon, 4 Feb 2008 23:57:50 EST

You're doing what? All three?? In early May??? Are you nuts???? Or delusional????? Or have you been secretly doing sweaty gym things and not telling anybody. I'm not often speechless (am I) but I am now. I doubt I've ever used the ? key as much in one line as I did just then.

Whose idea was this, anyway, or did you wake up one morning wanting to see just how far you could bully your middle-aged-but-quite-adequate-for-most-things-body would take. I am in awe. I think I have to lie down wirh a glass of wine for a while to recover.

Head smackingly yours,

Chris who will of course support you once she gets over the shock. : : :

Thanks to Chris for the words of cheer. Now let's go and sip some. (Once I get over being winded from the run up the stairs to my office, that is.) Oh, here I am complaining again. As pal Jim would say, "D'ya wanna little cheese with that whine?"

Yep, that'll do. Just fine.

No comments: